What is the palletizing?
Palletizing is a pallet as a carrier, the packaging or product stacking on the tray, through strapping, wrapping or adhesive and other methods to fix, forming a handling unit for mechanical equipment handling.
- It can effectively protect goods, reduce losses, prevent fouling and loss;
- It can adapt to the requirements of port mechanization: reduce the labor intensity of workers, speed up loading and unloading transportation, and accelerate the flow of goods;
- Through high-rise stacking, the storage space can be effectively utilized;
- It can promote the mechanization of product circulation and the standardization, standardization and serialization of packaging.
Palletizing methods and requirements for goods on pallets
According to the type of goods, the quality of the pallet and the size of the pallet, it is reasonable to determine the way of loading and unloading the goods on the pallet and it should meet the requirements of GB/T4892, GB/T13201 and GB/T13757. The utilization of the surface area of the pallet load should generally be ≥ 80%.
- Hard rectangular goods such as wood, paper and metal containers shall be staggered in a single layer or multiple layers and stretched or shrunk;
- Paper or fiber-like goods should be placed in a single layer or multiple layers and cross-sealed with a strap;
- Cylindrical goods such as sealed metal containers shall be placed in single or multiple layers, and the wooden cover shall be reinforced;
- Paper products and textile goods that need to be protected from moisture and water are to be staggered in a single layer or multiple layers, and are stretched or shrunk or increased in reinforcement structures such as corner supports and cover sheets;
- Pallet packaging is a pallet as a carrier, the packaging or product stacking on the tray, through strapping, wrapping or adhesive and other methods to fix, forming a handling unit for mechanical equipment handling.
- When the cylindrical container of a metal bottle or the vertical placement of a single layer of cargo is placed, the reinforcement structure such as the frame and the strip shall be increased;
Bag goods should be multi-layered staggered, compaction yards.
The strapping includes two types of metal strap strapping and non-metallic strapping straps, which should be selected according to the characteristics of the goods, as shown in the figure below. The strapping method includes two kinds of transverse strapping and longitudinal strapping.
Gluing is used for the fixed placement of goods such as non-bundled paper containers on the tray. Glue binding includes both adhesive binding and tape binding.
- Adhesive binding shall be applied to the bottom surface of each cargo by three adhesives with a width greater than l0mm, so that when loading and unloading the goods, the upper and lower cargo and the bottom cargo and the surface of the pallet are coated with adhesive. fixed. Gluing can be done by machine sizing or hand gluing. Adhesives should comply with relevant regulations and should be compatible with the product being glued.
- The tape is bound by a double-sided sizing tape attached to the contact surface of the upper and lower goods or the contact surface of the bottom cargo and the upper surface of the tray. The thickness of the double-sided tape should be ≥0.7mm, the width should be l00mm, and the length should be 400-600mm. At least 6 double-sided tapes shall be applied to the edges of each layer of cargo. Four additional “x” double-sided tapes are applied between the six tapes to make the upper and lower surfaces of the goods in firm contact.
The tray package can be fully wrapped or semi-wrapped with unit plastics such as canvas, paper, polyethylene, polyvinyl chloride, etc. (including stretchable and shrinkable). The full wrap includes both stretch and shrink wrap.
The tray assembly package is a transport package with good functions formed by pallets, single package pallets and bundled fixed three elements.
In order to adapt to a variety of goods and a variety of transport handling conditions, has now developed into a variety of types of pallets. According to the tray socket, there are double-sided trays and four-sided trays. Double-sided pallets can only use forklifts before and after, while four-sided pallets can use forklifts in front, back, left and right, which is more convenient than double-sided. In order to accommodate heavier or lighter goods, steel trays or paper trays can be used. In order to increase the firmness and stability of the tray assembly package, a school type, a box type, a frame type tray, or the like can be used.
In order to improve the stability of palletizing, different palletizing methods need to be used for different goods. There are usually two types of palletizing methods, overlapping and staggered. Overlapping palletizing does not cross-splicing, the cargo stability is not good, easy to occur longitudinal division, but can give full play to the pressure strength of the box and improve the palletizing efficiency. Interlaced palletizing, like the way masonry, each layer is well connected, the cargo stability is high, but the operation is complex, the palletizing efficiency is low, sometimes also reduces the surface utilization of the tray, the pressure strength of the box is reduced.
In order to prevent the possible collapse of different goods hoarding, different fixation methods are required, in general, lighter packaging can be reinforced with adhesives. If you need to be stronger, you can use strapping reinforcement and shrinkage film, tensile film and other reinforcement methods.
The size of the tray assembly package refers to the three-dimensional object formed in the three-dimensional shape of length, width and height. There are three criteria for proper size selection: pallet surface utilization, palletizing stability, and vehicle size.
Utilization of Pallet Surface
It’s the ratio of the area occupied by the packing goods to that of the pallet, requiring the pallet to have as large a surface utilization as possible. The greater the surface utilization of pallets, the greater the volume utilization and warehouse utilization of the means of transport.
The stability of the Palletizer is related not only to the shape of the goods, the palletizing mode, but also to the size and shape of the tray. Generally speaking, the larger the area of the tray, the better the stability. In terms of the position of the center of gravity affecting the stability of the goods, the stacking height should not exceed twice times the length of the pallet short edges. In the case of the same area, the rectangular tray is less stable than the square tray.
Dimensions of means of transport
The size of the tray must also take full account of the surface area and volume of various means of transport. The surface area of the tray shall be an integer multiple from the surface area of the means of transport. In addition, the volume should also be considered. China’s initial development of pallet size of 1250 mm X850 mm, through the transport practice proved that 30 tons, 50 tons and 60 tons of shed car volume, can be better utilized.