The pallet is a base made to facilitate the placement and shipping of loose items.
Types of pallets (By materials)
A. Wooden pallets
- Relatively cheap
- Maintenance is simple
- Not fireproof, not waterproof, easy to get wet, prone to insects, perishable;
- Need fumigation when exporting;
- Use timber resources.
B. Plywood pallets
- Free from fumigation
- Neat appearance
- Low carrying capacity;
- Not fireproof, not waterproof;
- A large amount of glue is used in the production process, and it cannot be exported to a market with strict requirements for formaldehyde emission.
C. Plastic pallets
- No fumigation;
- Clean and tidy, easy to clean, easy to disinfect;
- The service life is 5-7 times that of wooden pallets;
- Recyclable and reusable;
- No nails, no odor, no odor, acid, alkali, corrosion, no rot, no combustion, no static spark.
- high cost
- Low strength and poor impact resistance
- There are great limitations in structure and size, and the flexibility of product specifications is not high;
- Made of polyvinyl chloride, if the recycled particles may contain toxins, the export unit will generally not use;
- There are certain requirements for the temperature of the use environment (minus 25 ° C to 40 ° C).
D. Plasticsteel pallets
Plastic steel is made of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resin as the main raw material, plus a certain proportion of stabilizers, colorants, fillers, UV absorbers, etc., after extrusion of the formed material.
Top ten advantages
- Ultra-lightweight integrated structure;
- Superior durability;
- Maximizing the use of space—using the four-party borrowing method to maximize the use of warehouse space;
- Non-slip—The rubber pallet has a rubber anti-skid pad on the front, which greatly increases the slip resistance of the cargo when the forklift is in operation.
- Clean and hygienic—because of its non-absorbent, not like wood tray decay, germ breeding and other conditions, can be washed, clean and hygienic.
- Superior safety – no damage to the loaded product due to the absence of metal fittings at the joints;
- Easy to use – light weight, reasonable design, easy to use, practical;
- Affordable – excellent water resistance, rust resistance can be used for a long time, economical.
- Cold-resistant, heat-resistant, durable – excellent cold resistance, heat resistance, no deformation within ±50 °C, no corrosion caused by acid and alkaline drugs.
E. Bamboo pallets
The bamboo pallet is a natural bamboo as a raw material, after processing and production of environmentally friendly fumigation-free pallets.
- Low price, cost-effective;
- The strength and bearing capacity is significantly higher than the wooden pallet;
- Green new materials, and environmental protection concept in the same;
- Waterproof, mildew-proof, anti-insect;
- Fumigation-free, recyclable, easy to repair;
- According to the requirements of use flexible production of various specifications and sizes of pallets.
- The appearance of cleanliness to be improved;
- The corner is prone to burrs.
F. Papper pallets
- Flat appearance
- Lighter weight
- No fumigation
- Bearing capacity is too low;
- Not waterproof, not fireproof, easy to absorb moisture, can not be used in the warehouse for a long time.
G. Steel pallets
- No fumigation;
- Robust structure, high bearing capacity and strong impact resistance.
- Heavy weight;
- Easy to rust, easy to corrode;
- Expensive, can only be used in specific industries.
Types of pallets (By shapes)
A. Flat pallet
Flat pallets are almost synonymous with pallets. As long as they talk about pallets, they generally refer to flat pallets.Because flat pallets are the most widely used, they have the largest number of uses and the best versatility.
B. Column pallet
Column pallets are divided into fixed and removable. The basic structure is that the four corners of the pallet have steel columns, and the upper ends of the columns can be connected by beams to form a frame type.
Main functions of the column pallet:
- Use the column to support the weight and stack it high
Prevent the collapse of goods placed on pallets during transport and loading and unloading.
C. Box pallet
The box pallet is a pallet with side panels on all four sides, some have a top plate on the box, and some have no top plate.
The box board has three types: fixed type, foldable type and detachable type.
The box pallet has strong protection ability to prevent collapse and cargo damage; it can be loaded with goods that cannot be stabilized by stacking, and has a wide application range.
D. Wheeled pallet
Wheeled pallets have smaller lower wheels than column pallets and box pallets. Therefore, the wheeled pallet exhibits advantages such as short-distance movement, self-handling or roll-on type loading and unloading, and has wide application and strong applicability.
E. Slip sheet
A flat panel with wings on one or more sides. A base plate for the transport or storage or transport of goods or products in the form of unit loads.
Main parameters: length, width, height, length, width error, diagonal error, rated load, maximum stacking layer, deflection, surface slip coefficient.
F. Special pallet
Due to the high efficiency, safety and stability of the pallet operation, especially in some occasions requiring fast operation, the importance of using the pallet is highlighted, so various countries have developed a variety of special pallets.
- The Styles of Pallets
- Advantages and Disadvantages List of All Kinds of Pallets
- What is the Wooden Pallet?
- What is Plywood Pallet?
- What is the Plastic pallet?
- What is the Plastic Steel Pallets?
- What is Steel Pallet?
- What is the Paper Pallets?
- What is the Bamboo Pallets?
- What is the Slip Sheet?
- What is the Special Pallet?